Saturday 28 January 2017

100 Days of Making Comics - Day Twenty Eight - Needed a Change - Flatting a Page

Happy Weekend!

Welcome to 100 Days of making Comics, a challenge in which the goal is to spend a minimum of 30 minutes a day working on or towards comic creation.
Click on any Image to view larger.

I felt like doing something a little different today, and as i needed to see whether the page was working I decided to do the flats (first layer of base colour before painting on top) on the first page, the one that's nearly finished.
Usually you would wait until the linework is completely finished before going onto this stage but I wasn't sure if the first panel was either too cluttered or not enough, and separating everything with colour is a great way to see how the page is really looking.

As it turns out I think I could do to add quite a few more bits into the room to really fill it up with junk, so I'll be doing that at some point. Also one or two of the other panels need a little something too, not much but a something extra to balance out the page as a whole, these will also be added at some point!
And although it'll mean redoing the colours I've done today, I won't have as much to do when it comes to the proper colouring, and doing it has served its purpose by showing me what needs more work.

I'm off, after being ill for a week i need to freshen up and go do some driving!

Until next time, keep creative!




No comments:

Post a Comment