Sunday 8 January 2017

100 Days of Making Comics - Day Eight - Jumping ahead in the workflow

Happy Sunday!

Welcome to 100 Days of Making Comics, a challenge in which the goal is to spend a minimum of 30 minutes a day working on or towards comic creation.

It's been a pretty productive morning, I got the basics of panel 7 in. I still need to add a huge amount of detail to the other books, and there will also be a persons hand reaching up to take the main, large book down, but it's getting there. I'll most likely do a fair bit more tomorrow morning before work, as usual.
Click on any image to view larger.


So just panel 4 to go and I can then either move on to the next page, or ink this one then move on, I'll decide when i get there.
It would be more sensible to pencil every page first, then go back and start at page 1 to ink but sometimes, like today, I get carried away and begin inking a random panel.
I wanted to see what panel 6 would look like with a bit of inking done, so I added in some wood texture, thickened up some of the lines and added a little shading to the cardboard box at the top of the image.


I'm liking it!

I'm done for the day, so until tomorrow, have fun and keep creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment