Sunday 15 January 2017

100 Days of Making Comics - Day Fourteen and Fifteen - Border Style Changes, and Logo Designing!

Word!

Welcome to 100 Days of Making Comics, a challenge in which the goal is to spend a minimum of 30 minutes a day working on or towards comic creation.
Click on any image to view larger.

I got home last night and as it was late decided to merge yesterday's and today's posts into one mega double post! (That's not that long, so not all that mega...)

Day Fourteen -

I did a little bit of changing to the borders on the second page that I was working on, I know I want the lines to be different to the previous page as there's a time shift, so I've put some temporary different lines in as a sort of note to myself that I need to come up with a suitable look for it.


The lines I've put in are kind of random and faded, this isn't exactly how I want it but it's a good enough reference to remind me at a later date as to what I was thinking.
I also added books onto the shelves, different from the ones in the previous panel, on the previous page, as (as stated before) we're now in a different time.


That was it for day fourteen, I didn't do a whole lot as I had a busy day, driving lessons (that are going well, yay!) and an evening out.

Day Fifteen (Today, yay!) -

I decided to work a little on the Logo for the comic today, I'd had an idea in my head from first reading the script and thought it was a decent enough time to do some mock ups.
Here's the result so far, there will be a little something under the letters between them and the border, I just haven't decide on which of several ideas to do. I shall try them out and see.


The process was pretty simple to get to this stage, apart from going through a huge amount of fonts and styles before settling on this one (I played around with different versions for at least an hour and a half), then it was just some utilising some Photoshop magic to adapt the font to the shape and look I wanted.


Funtimes!

It's not far off how I first imagined it so all good for todays session! I'll finish off this mock version tomorrow morning or evening, and get some more work done on a page too.


I'm off to do some gaming before heading out for the afternoon, so until next time....

keep creative!