Tuesday 12 February 2013

No Escape - Progress 03

I've now added some lighting to the hair, done a ton more blending on the face, shaded the straight jacket and given him a bit of a five o clock shadow. I've also added a suitable intense background to help portray his stress.
The blending is a lengthy process of going over and over with varying shades of skin tone, with the occasional use of the blur tool when needed. Some blue is added in the cool areas of the face, such as the eye sockets and around the lips, but only a hint, he's not dying or in the Antarctic!
Mottling is added on the cheeks and forehead to give a bit more of a realistic look to the skin.
I've done a little more work to the mouth area too, but it still needs to be gone over again to sharpen up some of the edges, and I may still add some whiskers around his upper lip and chin (still undecided on that at this point) 
I also decided whilst looking at the picture as a whole to leave the detail on his feet as it is, his face is the focus of the image so the detail should become less on parts that are further away.
Still undecided if I will change or add anything to the background, I'm thinking to leave it apart from maybe some changes to the levels.
All in all nearly done, which is good as I thought I'd be working on this for a couple of days on and off.

Also, is it just me or is he looking a little like Ross from Friends?!...


No comments:

Post a Comment