Wednesday 13 February 2013

No Escape - Final

Hi all,

As promised here is the result from yesterday's step by step progress piece.
It's funny how an idea can present itself even at the last few moments of what you think is the finished picture.
I had been toying with the idea of the title (No Escape) having a double meaning of being trapped in the Straight Jacket, and at the same time being trapped within his own insanity.
In the end I had decided that the piece kind of showed both sides anyway and thought I would leave it as it was... Until at the last moment saw another idea, that could portray both with only a slight change.
The background could be altered easily to look like the Iris of an eye, and he could be the reflection in it, or, indeed in his own eye!
I have for now shown the basic idea in this image, but I think I shall definitely revisit this picture soon, and create a whole new background very similar to this, but with a whole eye, and a little more work on him looking more like a reflection of himself.
For now I'll call this version of it done, mostly so I can move onto Friday's Fan Art piece.
Which I'm not even sure yet who or what it'll be featuring! (I only considered the other day that Fan Art doesn't have to always mean characters, it can be places or things too!)

Hope you all have a good one!



No comments:

Post a Comment