Friday 15 February 2013

Ghost Rider - Progress 02

Progress step number two!

I've now got all the blocking in done and have moved onto starting to get some detailing done.
As you can see I've spent more time on the top half than the bottom, so next session I will have to switch it around and try to get the bottom half looking as good as the top.
Generally I'll be moving from one area to another, adding in more and more detail as I go and sharpening up the image as a whole, that way you don't get bored of working on one bit, and the painting takes it form slowly, but as a whole rather than one spot.
It's not always done this way when you are drawing on paper, but then you would be smudging your artwork all the time if you were darting back and forwards over it!
Digitally you can work in various different methods, so really it's just up to you to experiment and find what you like best and gives you the results you are looking for.

For now here is where I'm up to, and I shall be leaving it here until I'm up to the point where the skull is ready to start adding the flames.

Have a good weekend all!

No comments:

Post a Comment