Monday 11 February 2013

No Escape - Roughs

I've not posted for a couple of days so thought I'd show what I've just started working on.
This is just the first rough sketch of the next painting I'll be doing, a guy in a straight jacket screaming!
This is quite typical of how I like to work, first draw out a sketch in pencil, scan it in and roughly ink in Photoshop, then on a new layer start painting.
Then once the painting has enough detail I'll delete this sketch completely and just keep painting until I'm happy, or my hand cramps up and I have to stop!
If I was doing a comic book image or page the process would be the same, but this part  would be done with far more care as the inked lines wouldn't be deleted, and the colours would sit beneath them in the final picture.

I'll be working on this when I can over the next couple of days, and hopefully will have it finished in time to do something for Fan Art Friday, on Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment