Friday 24 February 2017

100 Days of Making Comics - What Happened?!

Hi True Believers!

Welcome to... the brief and slightly cryptic explanation as to what happened with the 100 days of making comics challenge.

So... Obviously I didn't quite complete the challenge, I will be undertaking it again at some point, relatively soon, but for some rather good reasons I didn't make it to the end this time.
I'm pleased with what I did do anyway, I haven't drawn that consistently day after day for many years, and it did help get a good start on JAR.
The first 30 days or so where fine, I had the time to get at least a half an hour done every day, a few days quite a bit more.
But once we got into February a few things began that hindered me a little, for the next two weeks I spent the half an hour each day doing the drawing as required, but as my mind needed to be on other things I was starting to become conflicted. I wanted to complete the challenge, but there were other things, more important things, very important things, that I needed to focus on.
And you may think, but it's only half an hour a day, surely you could have spared that, but the thing is, I could have, but it's not really just half an hour.
To do that half an hour you need to think about the comic as a whole, for more than just that time, and I tended, over the course of the 45 odd days I managed, to think about it on and off for a lot of the day.
But I have something else, that as I said earlier is very important, to think about, and it's come to the time that I need to put all of my extra free thought time into that.
I will explain about this other thing in the future, for now I want to keep it to myself, but be assured, it's definitely more important to focus on that at the moment and forgo the challenge, than to risk trying to do the two at the same time.
Never half arse two things when you can full arse one - Ron Swanson.

I shall return to the challenge, until that time I'll be doing bits of drawing, some I may post, and once I have the time to get back and give the 100 days of making comics challenge a second go I will definitely give it my best to complete it.
It wasn't a waste of time, in fact it really was a great way of getting me to keep creative, and even if you don't think you'll be able to complete a challenge of this length of time I'd say give it a go, at the very least you'll get a lot of artwork done!

 Anyhow, for now I need to get on with some stuff as I have tons to do, so until the next post,

Keep Creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment