Tuesday 14 November 2017

Thor - Digital Painting Practice

Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening,

Continuing from my last post I decided to do another digital painting in the same kind of style, this time choosing Marvel comic's Thor as the subject.
I didn't want to go down the route of painting Chris Hemsworth though, as this would most likely then just end up a straight painting copy of the reference material and I wanted to do a more stand alone piece.
Reference was used, one for the face, which I changed a little to make it look more like the comic version of Thor, reference for the helmet was used from the films, although again I altered it a little to suit my taste. And another two references were used for the costume/cape.
Software used were Autodesk Sketchbook Pro for the initial sketch and some of the later painting, and Photoshop for the main bulk of the rest.

I had tons of fun doing this, and I've already got a few ideas for other painting, which I'm sure will get done over the next few months.

So as always, until next time, keep creative!


No comments:

Post a Comment