Friday 3 November 2017

#Inktober Interlude "Self Portrait"

Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening!


I took a little break from #inktober2017 (Yes, I know it's now November and everyone else has moved on...) but I was watching a video by the artist Sinix on his YouTube channel where he does a 10 style self portrait challenge and it made me realise that although I've used my own face as reference for other drawings, and have done a comic book style drawing of myself before, I've don't think I've ever done an actual self portrait before, so I had a go!
It is a little stylised, and I tried to capture more of personality rather than a straight forward drawing of me, but I'm happy enough with the end result.
Sinix does these, along with many other artists every year after #inktober on the 1st of November (aptly named, "Self Portrait day") so I might join in and do one each year. It's a good way to see your own progression in skill and in style, and is all round good fun to do!


Anyhow, here's this years Self Portrait Day drawing, I'll be updating this post occasionally as I progress with it.

 And as always until next time, keep creative!


No comments:

Post a Comment