Friday 9 May 2014

Comparative Face Studies

Hello People of the Internet!

This week I decided it's about time I tackle the things in drawing I always have avoided.
Women's faces, and drawing hair.

These subjects are two of the main things a lot of artists seem to struggle with when learning to draw, and I am one of those artists for sure.
Not everyone does have these troubles, but a great deal of them do.
My drawings have always lent towards the cartoon style, mostly because it's what I've always felt most comfortable with, and usually takes the minimum amount of thought to execute!
But I have decided that that's no good way to think if I'm going to actually put together a graphic novel that looks anywhere near half decent. I had planned to draw the comic book out in quite a carttony style, but I believe that train of thought was based on laziness, the story lends itself better to a style at least halfway realistic looking.
And now I want to see what I can do when I actually think about what I'm doing, whilst doing it.
So from now on I will be taking longer over each picture, and doing my best to practice drawing things that are as far out of my comfort zone as possible. Improvement and style development are the name of the game!
Below is this weeks sketchbook page, done here and there when I've had a little spare time, hopefully with each sketchbook page I complete I'll improve a little more on the things I've always avoided drawing.

Until next time peoples....


No comments:

Post a Comment