Saturday 16 March 2013

Sketching - Arm Studys

Hi All,

I wasn't sure whether to post today, as all I'm doing in sketching.
But then it occurred to me this blog does have the word "Sketching" in the title, so it would be a little silly if all I ever posted was finished pictures, or work in progress towards finished pictures!

I decided when I sat down to start drawing today to not work on anything in particular, but instead to spend some time studying anatomy.
Like all things, practice and training are needed to improve and progress closer to your potential, athletes run and need nutrients from food, Artists need to sketch and drink coffee!
I often spend a short while sketching but it's not often I dedicate a whole days art to study alone.
But this is something I know I should do far more, so today is the first of many study sessions.
Maybe I should just dedicate all of my Saturdays and Sundays to sketching and studying, and along with "Fan Art Friday" have "Sketching Saturdays" and "Study Sundays"!
Well, we'll see, the main thing is this blog was started to help motivate me to draw more, and to aid me in improving, and so far it's working 100% !
Anyhow, here is this mornings sketching, I figured I need more practice on the muscle anatomy of the arm so it was as good a place to start as any.

No comments:

Post a Comment