Saturday 12 January 2013

The Don!

Today's sketch was inspired by a video on Youtube I watched by a great artist called Jonathan Rector , who makes some really cool "how to" drawing tutorials, check them out if you're wanting to see some comic book awesomeness being created!
You can find his videos here - http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathanrector

Anyhow, I'd just finished watching one that was based on drawing the Ninja Turtles and felt inspired to get the pencil going!
Here's the result, I will probably do an inked version in Photoshop at some point too.





Also, all this gave me the idea, and motivation, to try doing some more recognisable characters more often, so from next week I shall be having Fan-art Fridays.
Hopefully I'll have the time each week to do at least one piece of Fan art, even if it's only a quick sketch.
Happy weekend to all, hope you have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment