Monday 18 January 2016

New Year, New Equipment!

Happy New Year! (Bit late, but still...)

I haven't posted for so long!

I've had a break from art in general for quite some time, but that's not always a bad thing. It can give you time to catch up on other things, art can take up a lot of time and it's very easy to become a hermit with a bad back if you don't step away once in a while a do something different.
Anyhow, I've just purchased, after years of wanting one, a tablet monitor for art, and am at this time just trying it out for the first time!
As with many others I couldn't afford, or justify the expense that is a Wacom Cintiq (for those who don't know, its the top of the range, industry standard brand) but instead after much research decide on the Huion GT-220. From what I've read once you get it up and running it's a very good machine for the price. I will give some thoughts on the monitor itself once I've spent more time using it, for now its a very nicely built screen, with a few design flaws but nothing that's a deal breaker (I knew about the flaws before buying).
Expect many posts in the forthcoming weeks, as I'm loving it so far!
I will update when possible, the pen is currently charging... wish me luck....

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment